ACS Online Program Information
ALAMO CITY SCHOOL ON-LINE LEARNING PROGRAM
ACS VIRTUAL ON-LINE
If your child has a documented medical issue which would prevent them from returning to school OR a parent/guardian is uncomfortable allowing their child to return to school, you may opt to attend our On-Line program.
Students who opt in the ACS On-line program must stay in the program until an entire
9-week grading period is complete. The Supervising Parent/Guardian must complete and return the Supervising Parent/Guardian Commitment for the ACS program before admission to the On-line program.
· Alamo City School students opting for the On-Line program will have access to the following:
o iPad or Chromebook
o online content
o student workbooks
o on-line vertical teacher
· Parents who choose online virtual learning will enroll for a 9-week period.
· Parents/Learning partners are required to attend a meeting with ACS administrators and attend virtual training, prior to beginning the program.
· Actively engage in the learning platform daily.
· Stay on track with the assignment schedule.
· Meet assignment deadlines.
· Seek help immediately if they are experiencing technical difficulties.
· Attend required in-person testing sessions at ACS.
· Adhere to all requirements in the ACS Acceptable Use Policy.
On-Line learning students need to have an adult “learning partner” available to assist with monitoring and supporting the online learning.
· Grades – Check grades and progress regularly through the online platform.
· Communication – Communicate with our On-Line Learning Coordinator, via email. Office hours and phone numbers will be provided at a later date.
· Support – Even though the delivery method is different in an online environment, the intended outcome of student learning is the same. Please ensure academic integrity by appropriately assisting your student with their assignments and activities.
· Progress – We encourage families to become familiar with the online platform and learning management system.
Students will be expected to complete online coursework daily and students must make daily progress toward passing their courses.
· Attendance will be taken every day for each course. Daily attendance is noted through student participation in the online platform and scheduled virtual lessons with the teacher.
· Daily attendance is noted through student participation in the online platform and scheduled virtual lessons with the teacher.
· Students are expected to submit assignments and work on regularly scheduled Alamo City School days.
· Students remain enrolled in Alamo City School.
· As per TN state school Board regulations, the virtual day will mimic a typical school day of 4 hours for Kindergarten students and 7 hours for grades 1-6. Not all of this time will be spent on the computer. This includes online instruction, paper/pencil activities, curriculum support, lunch, breaks, etc.
· On-line students will be required to participate in state and local assessments.
PROBATION OR DISMISSAL
Alamo City School reserves the right to remove a student from the ACS Online Learning program for reasons not limited to the following:
· Lack of Attendance
· Violation of Acceptable Use Policy
· Violation of Laptop Use Agreement
· Academic Misconduct
In order to minimize exposure for families who have chosen the ACS Online Program due to health concerns, extracurricular activities will not be available for students on this track.